Diamond Leaders is a major new gdb programme exclusively for individual leaders committed to growing their businesses and interested in sharing experience, knowledge and ideas with like-minded peers.
With expert facilitation, Diamond Leaders peer groups offer much more than passive business advice. Each participant will benefit from:
- Membership, on a personal basis, of a peer group comprising experienced business leaders willing to share advice and experience with no ‘axe to grind’ or sales pitch.
- The full backing of gdb - each group will be supported and quality-guaranteed by gdb but will be led by a chair, drawn from the membership, bringing:
✓ experience in group leadership;
✓ expertise in the particular aspects of the growth agenda their group will cover; and
✓ the connections to bring in specialist contributors to provide a fresh perspective and challenge.
- The continuity of being part of a fixed-membership group of no more than 10 people designed to develop as a team in a sharing, but challenging, environment characterised by trust and confidentiality.
- Being part of a wider peer network - as groups become established, we will bring all participants together to form an extended Diamond Leaders network
Within these principles, a feature of Diamond Leaders is flexibility:
- Groups can cover a general business growth agenda or have a more specialist focus such as marketing, sales, investment, innovation, people and strategic planning. Some groups could be targeted at a specific sector or business profile.
- The right balance of members within each group will be for the chair to determine based on informal one-to-one discussion and/or an initial get together of interested people.
- The frequency of meetings will also be for individual chairs/groups to decide but, to maintain momentum and build the necessary trust, we anticipate that groups will want to meet at least every two months.
We are launching Diamond Leaders with a first group led by Jeff Downs of Quantum Sales (www.quantum-sales.com). Jeff brings extensive experience in running peer group programmes.
His group – Diamond Leaders for Growth - is aimed particularly at MD/Owner level with a broad growth agenda responsive to the needs and contributions of group members. Jeff is working with gdb to build the group, lead each meeting, and co-ordinate expert contributors.
The group will meet bi-monthly with 6 full-day meetings each year. Membership is for a minimum 12-month period for an annual fee of £900 a year for gdb members (£1,800 for non-members) with the option to pay monthly.
If you are interested in being involved in this programme, either in leading a group or in participating as member, please contact Jeff Alexander – firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 01293 440088.
Jeff Downs is now open to interest in membership of his group and would be pleased to hear directly from you – email@example.com or tel. 07715 749691.