gdb are delighted to be supporting the first Gatwick Diamond Skills Summit where we will be discussing & understanding the steps to greater equality & diversity in the region
Published: 30 Jan 2018
We are delighted to announce that gdb is supporting the inaugural Gatwick Diamond Skills Summit, taking place on Friday 9 March 2018.
The CBI says that businesses are best served by creating inclusive workplaces, enabling talent from all backgrounds to flourish. Together, companies can learn from each other’s experience to identify and nurture a diverse pool of talent.
Focused on the theme of “Diversity Brings Dividends”, this new event will help us all to discover how improving the diversity of our teams benefits all organisations and businesses of all sizes - we wanted to share with you the opportunity to attend so here are some details…
The Gatwick Diamond Skills Summit is taking place on 9th March at Canon UK in Reigate. Running from 9am to 2pm, the event is themed ‘Diversity brings Dividends’ and will provide information and working examples of diversity and inclusion in action. The speaker line-up includes:
- Maggie Philbin OBE, Broadcaster and CEO of award-winning enterprise TeenTech CIC, highlighting the importance of encouraging more young people and women into STEM careers
- Rosemary French OBE, talking about skills gaps in the Gatwick Diamond
- Senior consultants from Roffey Park providing insights from their latest research
- PLUS a Best Practice Panel, chaired by Julie Kapsalis from Crawley College, featuring senior executives from BT, Canon, Barclays and ExxonMobil sharing their experiences
You won’t want to miss this event and the opportunity to connect and network with:
- Fellow business owners, directors, managers or HR professionals who want to create an inclusive workplace that allows talent from all backgrounds to flourish
- Policy-makers, reflecting on skill shortages in key sectors in the Gatwick Diamond and operational policies against the backdrop of a tight labour-market and Brexit
- Recruiters who are working to attract high calibre talent.
This event is an excellent opportunity for us all to take a progressive approach to attracting a more socially diverse workforce. I do hope you can join us.
Book your place at www.gatwickdiamondskills.co.uk