CIPD's upcoming Conference Programme
Published: 22 Aug 2019
CIPD's 'The Future of Work is Human' Conference Programme on the 16th of September 2019
- 9am - Registration, networking and refreshments
9.30am - Opening Remarks - Jacquie Findlay, Chair of Sussex CIPD The conference will be captured by Simon Heath, Illustrator.
- 9.45am - Andy Lancaster - Head of Learning & Development at CIPD - Navigating the road ahead: the people implications of emerging organisational landscapes. Andy leads the vision for learning and development for CIPD and the creation of innovative learning solutions to support the people profession worldwide. He has more than 25 years’ experience in learning and organisational development in a range of sectors. In 2018, he was listed in the top 50 Corporate eLearning Movers and Shakers and was TYTO’s number one UK influencer in educational technology.
- 11 - 11.20am - Coffee Break
- 11.20am - Stephen Bevan – Head of HR Research Development, Institute of Employment Studies (IES) - Flexible Working – it makes sense but does it really work! Stephen has responsibility for developing innovative new projects and programmes with IES partners and other collaborators. Stephen has a special interest in workforce health and wellbeing, having led a number of national and international projects focusing on workforce health and the impact of chronic illness on productivity and social inclusion. Stephen has appeared in HR Magazine’s list of Most Influential HR Thinker for the past ten years.
- 12.20pm - 13.15 - Lunch
- 13.15 - 14.15 - Colin Minto - Senior Director Talent Acquisition and Employer Brand Marriot International - An open discussion about mental health and stress in the workplace, and how an optimum approach by business enriches lives and productivity. Colin has 21 years senior level experience in employer brand, talent attraction and recruitment/HR technology, alongside a lifetime of living and working with mental difference.
- 14.15 - 14.30 - Coffee Break
- 14.30 - 15.30 - Karen Dobres - Equality FC Campaign Manager Lewes Football Club Women and Non-Executive Director at Lewes Football Club -Lewes Football Club - How and why they became the first in the world to close the gender pay gap, and the business case for not ignoring half of the world’s population in the world’s favourite sport. Karen is on the Board of Directors at Lewes Football Club, working to unearth a new market of fans for women’s football who come in solidarity with gender equality. A former counsellor, she writes, and has previously worked in the fashion and music industries.
- 15.30 - 16.30 - David D’Souza - Membership Director at CIPD - Reflections of the day and insights on the future of the profession. David’s role is to grow CIPD membership by improving the value members receive from it. He is a respected speaker and blogger on progressive HR and business practice. He was recently described by Workplace Insight magazine as “One of the UK’s most influential HR and workplace commentators”.
16.30 -16.45 - Closing remarks - Jacquie Findlay, Chair of Sussex CIPD
Venue: Ashdown Park Hotel and Country Club - The Chapel Wych Cross Forest Row East Grinstead RH18 5JR
Tickets Click here