Coast to Capital Growth Hub - October Newsletter
Published: 16 Oct 2020
Coast to Capital Business Recovery Grants scheme
Due to the unprecedented level of Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for funding we have received we will be pausing our Business Recovery Grants scheme on Friday 9 October at 5 pm. If you would like to express your interest please do so before the deadline here.
- Once you have submitted an EOI, our team will process this as soon as possible
- If successful, you will be invited to complete a full application. We will continue to process existing EOIs and also fullapplications beyond the deadline.
Peer Networks delivery partner announced
We are delighted to announce MDHUB as the delivery partner for the Peer Networks programme.
From finance and HR to sales, marketing and more, an expert facilitator will give you the flexibility to create a trusted support network, helping to build and strengthen your business and improve overall performance.
The programme is fully funded by Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and available to any SME business that has:
- Operated for at least one year
- At least five employees
- A turnover of at least £100,000
- An aspiration to improve
- And ideally has the potential to scale up or export or is exporting already.
Our Enterprise Adviser Network is pleased to bring you a number of programs that aim to create the right skills for both people and business to increase economic and social prosperity.
- T Levels - Include a 45-day industry placement that can help you find and develop new talent.
- STEP-UP - An Innovative Fast-Track Training Programme for Local SMEs which will introduce you to talented graduates for your business.
- The Skills Toolkit - Free courses to help you learn new skills or get a new job.
ERDF Kick-Start Tourism and Restart and Recovery SME Grants
The call for completing the gateway diagnostic tool for this fund has now closed.
As demand far exceeded our expectations, we were forced to close both schemes during the launch day on Tuesday 15 September. If you submitted an application, the gateway diagnostic tools received are being evaluated by our delivery partner and you will be contacted in the coming weeks.
More information can be found online.
There are a number of innovative competitions available for businesses in the Coast to Capital area to help accelerate their ambitious ideas.
- NATEP: helping SMEs innovate in aerospace Autumn 2020
- Faraday Battery Challenge: Innovation R&D, Round 4
- Measurement for Recovery
- Innovate UK Smart Grants
- Transport Technology Research and Innovation Grants
The Business HotHouse Programme
The program offers free expert business knowledge support and access to government grant funding to pre-start and established businesses in the Coast to Capital area.
From workshops to grant funding, they provide the expert guidance to get your business growing. More information can be found on The Business HotHouse website.
Building Resilience: Seasonal Solutions for Tourism Businesses
To aid the tourism sector to continue to not only survive but to flourish, organisations across Sussex have partnered up to create a series of webinars focusing on identifying challenges, delivering practical solutions and providing advice for those in the industry looking to rebuild.
PLATF9RM invites you to the first session on Wednesday 21 October where they will be exploring the key to seasonal survival after an unprecedented summer, as well as help you plan how best to market your business over the winter months, and how to discover new audiences through partnerships and collaboration.
To support business preparations the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy is hosting free webinars to help you check the new rules and understand the actions to take to prepare your business for new rules from January 2021. Click on your sector below to register to attend a live webinar which will provide information on key actions for businesses in these sectors.
- Services and Investment - Tuesday 13 October
- Retail - Wednesday 14 October
- Automotive - Wednesday 14 October
- Metal and Other Materials - Tuesday 20 October
- Electronics and Machinery - Wednesday 21 October
- Consumer Goods - Thursday 22 October
- Life Science - Tuesday 27 October
- Construction - Wednesday 28 October
- Aerospace - Thursday 29 October
Case Study: Posture People
We published a case study showcasing support provided to Posture People.
Jo Blood, director of Posture People said:
"There’s no way we’d be as far along today as we are without the Coast to Capital Growth Hub. I wouldn’t have had time to even think about where else I could go. The Growth Hub found me and took me under their wing, helping and guiding me to so many different sources of information."