We are hugely grateful to staff of London Gatwick Airport who have voted for SASH Charity as the new charity partner for the airport. Together we hope to make a real difference for the people who rely on our hospitals.
As the charity for East Surrey Hospital, as well as services at Crawley, Horsham and elsewhere in Surrey and Sussex, we are Gatwick Airport's local hospital charity, serving staff, passengers and many colleagues, family and friends who live locally, 24 hours a day.
Our hospitals provide NHS care from cradle to grave. Our charity helps us to go even further for patients and their families.
Our partnership will mean Gatwick Airport colleagues will be a key part of growing the hospital charity, creating a lasting legacy for everyone in the community so that we can do much more than this for local families, long into the future.
In the coming weeks we will be developing our plans together - including inspiring as many Gatwick colleagues as possible to take part in Run Gatwick for our hospitals, how best to support Gatwick colleagues with their own fundraising ideas, and thinking about how best to inspire the millions of people who travel through the airport.
If you work at the airport and would like to know more about how to get involved, please drop us a line at email@example.com.
About SASH Charity
SASH Charity makes our local NHS hospitals better. We fund better equipment, enhanced facilities and create great experiences for those that need East Surrey Hospital (the main NHS hospital for Gatwick), Crawley Hospital, Horsham Hospital, and a number of other services in Surrey and Sussex.
In the last few months donations have helped us provide:
- The transformation of children's cancer care rooms.
- Pain-relieving heat pads for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
- Better facilities for patients with dementia, including a new dementia-friendly courtyard garden at East Surrey Hospital and specially designed crockery to help patients with dementia eat.
- State-of-the-art equipment to help our most vulnerable patients have dental care.
- A summer fun day, and Christmas party for children with epilepsy and their families, to make new contacts and create new friendships and support networks.
Our partnership will help patients of all ages across the hospitals, as well as helping raise money for our new neonatal intensive care unit. We are building a brand new unit so our smallest babies can get the very best care. Helping us go even further for local babies and families, with additional state-of-the-art neonatal cots, equipment, and facilities to make their stay more comfortable.
See more details here - https://www.sashcharity.org/gatwick/