Your August Update from Sussex Innovation
Published: 11 Sep 2023
The wide world of innovation
In a digital age with an overflowing avalanche of content, it's easy to feel overwhelmed by the constant influx of trends and innovations that flood our feeds daily - and have some of the most fascinating and intriguing stories slip through the cracks.
To ensure you're in the know, this month we're introducing our new Innovation Round-Up, a thoughtfully curated collection of the most noteworthy innovation trends you'll want to tell your friends about.
Check out the first Round-Up below - be sure to let us know what you think, and what else you'd like to hear us write about!
This month's innovation insights and trends: our new round-up of the most noteworthy headlines, a guide to preparing for grant funding, and a look at the challenges of simultaneously improving healthcare and reducing carbon emissions.
- Innovation Round-Up: Football, Barbie and AI Robots
Apple devices learn how to mimic your voice, production designers make Barbie Land a reality, boot manufacturers respond to the spate of ACL injuries in women's football, and reporters attend a robot press conference in this month's Innovation Round-Up.
- Grant Funding: Which, Why, When and How
A collection of the key takeaways from last month's Knowledge Hub session on how to get your business in the best position to apply for grant funding.
- Healthcare in Focus: Using Data Sustainably
We don't often consider the environmental impact of healthcare - but a massive increase in data storage is driving carbon emissions. What should we do when our ESG targets come into conflict with each other?
Big news for a few members of our Sussex Innovation community this month, with AMD's technology going into space and new development studio Hardball Games announcing the release of their first title.
- AMD supplies technology to NASA Jupiter moon mission
Advanced Material Development has announced that their radar-absorbing foam panels will be tested by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory for use on the Europa Clipper spacecraft.
- Hardball Games announces new title OutRage
The first release from Hardball Games, OutRage will be coming to multiple platforms in 2024, as announced at the gamescom Future Games Show last week.
- Working with third-party developers
Alan Hayward of SEH Technology shares tips with Business Reporter on how to choose the right development partner for your business.
The most important dates for your diary next month. Our upgraded calendar is at your fingertips; thoughtfully curated to showcase a handpicked selection of top-notch events, brought to you by our valued partners across the South East!
- Management Essentials: Managing Performance 14th September - Join The HR Dept at Sussex Innovation Centre to learn how you can manage your employees' performance more proactively, stretching a good performer or recognising and handling a poor one.
- BIG South London: Health Innovation Network 20th September - Sussex Innovation is partnering with Roehampton University to deliver a day of business advice, workshops and networking for South London innovators in the healthcare space.
- One Day Start-Up and Go Bootcamp 28th September - A full day of tools, advice and connections from Start-Up Croydon to help you create and launch your business idea.
- Sussex Biz Show 28th September - Head down to the Brighton Dome for the county's premier B2B tradeshow and networking event.