PURPLE DAY 2019
On Tuesday 26th March, epilepsy charities across the globe will join forces to raise funds and awareness for those living with epilepsy.
Young Epilepsy is dedicated to creating better futures for the 112,000 children and young people in the UK with epilepsy.
We support young people and their families at their most vulnerable - whether they are struggling to come to terms with their diagnosis, dealing with mental health or wellbeing issues, or experiencing stigma and social exclusion.
- Every day 87 people are diagnosed with epilepsy
- 40% of young people with epilepsy suffer from one or more mental health conditions
- 95% of children with epilepsy struggle with one or more aspects of school life and learning
- There are over 40 different types of epilepsy
- 70% of the population could be seizure free with the right treatment
You can help us raise awareness for Young Epilepsy on the 26th March by taking the following actions:
- Raise awareness on social media by sharing these statistics and tagging @YoungEpilepsy and #PurpleDay
- Sign up for a sporting challenge like Ride London or the Woburn Abbey Triathlon for Young Epilepsy
- Donate to Young Epilepsy here
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @YoungEpilepsy
There will also be Sports and Challenge events being held (Including Marathons and SkyDiving), see the list here: