The open call to join the Brighton 5G Testbed Accelerator Programme is now live!
5G is a new wireless mobile technology that is incredibly fast, very stable and with very low latency. In our ever-increasingly connected world, 5G is needed to keep pace with smartphones users' appetite for data. The 5G vision is that consumers will have connectivity which will enable new forms of previously impossible mobile content.
5G Brighton, based at The Fusebox, is the UK's first non-university, small business-focused 5G testbed. The testbed gives digital businesses the opportunity to learn more about 5G, enhance their existing products to take advantage of it, and develop bespoke products for the technology.
We're looking for our next cohort of companies to join the 5G Testbed Accelerator Programme. This fully funded 20-week programme provides businesses with access to the tools, facilities and expertise needed to inspire, develop and test new products and services using 5G technologies.
By joining the programme, your organisation will be able to:
- Learn about 5G and how to build competitive advantage
- Attend monthly Masterclasses at the Fusebox in Brighton
- Test and develop new products and services in a safe environment
- Access technical and business expertise
- Participate in challenge-led innovation programmes
- Demonstrate solutions to commercial players in the UK market
- Identify opportunities to access public innovation funds
- Become part of a growing community and attend regular workshops and events
Why should you get involved?
This is a unique opportunity for businesses to learn about 5G capabilities, develop new value propositions that embrace the potential of this future disruptive technology, test your new product and services in a safe environment, and demonstrate your solution to key players in the UK market.
At this event, you will get to hear about previous 5G use cases and can ask questions about the application process or about the programme itself before applying.
Plus, there'll be pizza and refreshments for you to enjoy!
5G Technology Readiness Series
If you have read the open call criteria but you're unsure if you're eligible or think you need help with your use case before taking part in the 5G Testbed Accelerator Programme, we will also be discussing how you can get involved with the 5G Technology Readiness Series.
Designed for startups and scaleups who see potential applications for 5G within their business, but do not yet have a well-defined use case, the 5G Technology Readiness Series will help you to:
- Gain access to 5G expertise
- Learn about the capabilities of 5G
- Explore possible 5G use cases
- Select and develop a single-use case in further detail
- Prepare to apply to a future cohort of the 5G Testbed Accelerator Programme
You can apply to either programme before the event through the Digital Catapult website here. Please note that the deadline for applications is 23/09/19.
Register yourself on Eventbrite here