Date: Wednesday 13th November 2019
Time: 12.30 - 17.00
Book tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/we-are-surrey-2019-tickets-67236579419
Unmissable for any business interested in giving back to communities in Surrey
A must for businesses and communities in Surrey.
- Key note speaker Fran Boorman on the impact of social value on business success
- Guidance on how to get a step ahead in winning contracts and other benefits for your business
- Social Value awards winners announced - nominate a business now. Winners receive £100 to donate to a charity of their choice.
- Networking space to inspire you with opportunities
- Interactive session on addressing the skills shortage and developing your workforce
- Hear from a range of Surrey businesses and organisations including the Fdederation of Small Businesses, Careers Enterprise, Kier Highways, Canon, the Institute of Directors and Balfour Beatty.
"The event gave an excellent overview in social value and enabled us to gain valuable contacts to start our own projects"
1:00 Opening by Councillor Colin Kemp, Surrey County Council, Deputy Leader
1:10 Welcome from Guildford Cathedral
including why and how they contribute social value to local communities
1:20 Fran Boorman, 'Business for good is good for business'
Fran is a company CEO and Founder who creates market leading success through her strong belief of using business to drive positive social impact. Voted the UK's Top Influencer, she is committed to leading a change in the way business is understood and practiced. Find out more at
1:40 Social Value Award winners announced
Sponsored by Balfour Beatty
Winners receive £100 to donate to a charity of their choice
1:50 Panel Discussion
Panellists to include the award winners, Minted Box, Institute of Directors and Balfour Beatty
2:20 Networking Forum
An interactive session over coffee for businesses to meet and connect with a range of Surrey's social
enterprises and charities
3:10 Connecting Social Value to Skills & Hidden Talent
Panel discussion and Q&A with contributions from
Bob Pickles, Canon UK, Head of Corporate & Government Affairs
Georgina Angele, Careers Enterprise Company
Cate Newnes-Smith, CEO Surrey Youth Focus
David Short, Regional Communications Manager, Kier Highways
4:00 Table discussion
4:30 Networking drinks
Sponsored by the Federation of Small Businesses
Proudly sponsored by:
Balfour Beatty, Federation of Small Businesses,Guildford Cathedral, Surrey County Council