ECONOMIC DATA & INSIGHT EXECUTIVE - Gatwick Airport
Published: 12 Dec 2022
Economic Data & Insight Executive
Are you our next Economic data & insight executive? We are looking for someone who can help us redefine what's possible for corporate affairs department.
As part of our ‘Grow with Gatwick' initiative you'll be provided with plenty of training and support to ensure you're developing and growing your career.
What is the role?
The Economic D & I Executive is responsible for providing data, insights and communications support for the External Engagement & Policy team. Focusing on economy and business, this role also provides additional support for wider stakeholder engagement.
This role is key to analyse reports and intelligence to generate insight and commentary that supports the goal for Gatwick to be a partner and advocate for a thriving resilient economy and contributor to local and regional workforce skills.
Are you inquisitive and tenacious in identifying and exploring issues? Passionate about adding value to our local economy and confident on working with internal and external stakeholders to achieve this?
If so, this could be the next role for you.
What will you do?
- Data analysis: Analyse regional and national economic impacts and trends.
- Translates data into clear datasets valued by both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide high quality insight and research that supports and drives a targeted approach to economic engagement, resulting in GAL's agenda being driven through proactive, evidence-based engagement.
- Ensures the availability and credibility of data for Decade of Change reporting and identify opportunities to optimise and improve the datasets to fully demonstrate Gatwick's direct and indirect contribution to the local economy.
- Communications: Rationalise data and communication, sharing a positive narrative with internal and external stakeholders to support the building and strengthening of relationships, and to drive advocacy of Gatwick's role in the economy.
- Project Delivery: Supports with stakeholder engagement and delivery of key initiatives and projects.
Do you have what we're looking for?
- Advanced Excel skills and strengths in numeracy and problem solving
- Experience in data analysis, including data cleaning and preparation, exploration, understanding statistics
- Ability to create data visualisations that articulate complex issues in simple terms, and producing clear dashboards to communicate key issues
- Skilled in carrying out research and interrogating reports, distilling content to produce evidence-based summaries that are easily accessible – both in writing and verbally
- Experience in engaging and communicating with range of internal and external stakeholders
- A good command of English, and ability to write formal reports, prepare PowerPoint presentations, professional letters, emails and engaging copy for external newsletters
- Strong organisation skills, time management and good attention to detail
- Knowledge and/or experience working in economic development/economic partnership environments would be desirable
- Local knowledge of the key economic characteristics and stakeholders in the region (Sussex, Surrey, Kent), the key challenges in relation to Gatwick's role in the region, and knowledge of economic indicators relative to national and regional economic trends would be beneficial
What's it like to work here?
Our people tell us that working here is something special. Everyone is looking to deliver what matters to our passengers. There is so much that makes air travel possible. No day is like another.
We want our people to reflect our local community and the passengers we serve. We know we are all at our best when we feel comfortable and included. We want our people to feel like they can be who they want to be at work, and we work hard to provide them with the respect and flexibility to do so.
We aim to be an equitable, diverse, and inclusive employer. We encourage and support our people to be their best. We seek different perspectives that redefine what's possible. Together we are a team.
Ready to join us?
Click apply and complete your application. We'll be in touch soon.
Our employees enjoy a range of personal, health and financial benefits, including annual leave as standard.