HR Digital Media Group in Brighton - 16 March 2017
Published: 16 Feb 2017
Our HR Digital Media Group was founded in 2006 by Fiona Martin at Martin Searle Solicitors in partnership with Madgex and Wired Sussex. We welcome business owners, HR Managers, directors and employees responsible for personnel issues who work in the Digital Media Sector.
We welcome business owners, HR Managers, directors and employees responsible for personnel issues who work in the Digital Media Sector.
Making Sense of Settlement Agreements
Despite Settlement Agreements replacing Compromise Agreements two years ago, employers and their HR managers are still struggling with the Acas Statutory Code of Practice.
What should be a straight forward alternative to disciplining or dismissing an employee can lead to the employee raising grievances and their solicitor negotiating considerably more money than the employer was initially prepared to pay.
This session will include:
- The pros and cons of using a Settlement Agreement
- When is it dangerous to offer a Settlement Agreement?
- How to offer a Settlement Agreement in line with the Acas Code
- Common errors when drafting a Settlement Agreement
- Taxation of Settlement Agreement Payments
Attendees will come away with everything they need to know about Settlement Agreements to ensure they are being used efficiently to protect their business.
This event will be held at Madgex from 9:15 am to 11.15 am on Thursday 16 March 2017.
Events are free for members. Membership costs £25 per year. Members of the HR Digital Media Group include Fresh Egg, Ideal Networks, Brilliant Noise, Boz Boz, Nvisage, Clearleft, Bright Interactive (Asset Bank) and National Numeracy.
Members or non-members can book a place at the meeting through Eventbrite below.
- See more at: http://www.ms-solicitors.co.uk/events/hr-digital-media-group-in-brighton-16-march-2017/#sthash.XYYTQSpX.dpuf