BOOST YOUR BUSINESS WITH THE HELP TO GROW: MANAGEMENT COURSE
Published: 15 Feb 2023
Designed to help you unlock business potential, the Help to Grow: Management course is 90% funded by the government.
The course supports leaders and senior managers of small and medium-sized businesses in any sector via a 12-week programme that can be completed alongside full-time work.
With the extra support of a one-to-one mentor and the group of local business peers, you'll come away with an actionable plan to grow your business.
We offer this MBA-style programme across East and West Sussex.
To arrange a chat with a course leader email firstname.lastname@example.org request more information here and we will get in touch.
Benefits to your business
The Help to Grow: Management course is a small investment that can play a big part in securing the future of your business.
Develop leadership and management skills, plus adopt new practices and tools that you can use to implement change within your business.
This course is designed to help your business become more resilient and sustainable in the long-term.
You’ll focus on ways to develop your business’ growth and productivity, creating a Growth Action Plan with the goal of strengthening your future.
- Develop your leadership and management skills, enhancing employee wellbeing and engagement
- Identify what drives productivity and growth in your market, and understand what this means for you
- Learn how to advance responsible business practices, including more inclusive and greener practices
- Understand how to innovate your business model, including adopting and investing in new and digital technologies
- Identify key domestic and export markets for your business and develop strategies for segmentation, positioning and targeting
- Generate strategies to improve operational efficiency, allowing you to save time and money.
Creating happy business leaders
The Help to Grow course was a superb addition to a busy full-time job, striking a good balance between theory and practice, ensuring things learned can be applied to my actual job.
Charly Thieme, Brighton Gin
This Help to Grow: Management course is 90% funded by the government. There is a £750 one-off fee due to pay once you’ve been accepted onto the course - this will be collected by our School of Business and Law.
To be eligible for Help to Grow, the following criteria must be met.
Your business must
- Be a small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) based in the United Kingdom
- Employ between 5 and 249 people
- Have been operational for at least one year
- Not be a charity
- Be a chief executive, owner/founder or member of the senior management team
- Have at least one direct report
- Commit to completing all sessions
Other important information
- If your business employs between 10 and 249 people, you can send up to two participants on the course
- The application form will take approximately 10 minutes to complete and will request information about you and the business.
Brighton course starts 25 April 2023, onboarding session 18 April.
Book the Gatwick/Crawley course
Gatwick course begins 21 April 2023, onboarding session 14 April 2023.
Got a question? Want to register your interest for future cohorts? Contact us on email@example.com.
Follow us on LinkedIn for news and information on the course.
The Help to Grow: Management
You’ll be supported by an experienced business mentor and taught by experienced academics and practitioners from our School of Business and Law who will support you in building capabilities in:
- strategy and innovation
- vision, mission and values
- organisational design
- efficient operations
- implementing growth plans.
The Help to Grow: Management is delivered by leading business schools across the UK who have been awarded the Small Business Charter (SBC) by the Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS).
Help to Grow is a 12-week course designed to be undertaken alongside full-time work. The time commitment is 50 hours over 12 weeks. Learning alongside other business owners, you have the opportunity to learn from your peers and network.
Using a combination of online and face-to-face sessions alongside case study workshops, you’ll have the opportunity to apply the concepts being taught to real-life situations faced by business leaders.
By the end of the course, you’ll have a tailored Growth Action Plan to help you lead and grow your business.
Why choose the University of Brighton?
The University of Brighton has a long history of working with small to medium-sized businesses, and a strong track record of delivering business growth programmes.
Our School of Business and Law is home to our Centre for Change, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management (CENTRIM), which works with partners in industry, academia and government producing groundbreaking concepts to explain, harness and improve innovation, entrepreneurship and change management.
Our 2021 Knowledge Exchange Framework results place the University of Brighton in the top 10% for universities for public and community engagement, and in the top 20% for skills, enterprise, and entrepreneurship.