We’re recruiting for a PR Manager – could it be you?
Published: 30 Jan 2023
PRG Marketing Communications is a full-service marketing agency, specialising in business-to-business (B2B) communications across a diverse range of industries including the built environment, logistics, property and the public sector. We are a second-generation family run company with 42 years in business.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious PR Manager with a passion for copywriting to join our PR and Marketing team. In this role you will head up one of our key accounts whilst co-managing other clients with some of the team, reporting directly to our PR and Marketing Account Director.
- Heading up one of our key accounts, delivering high quality PR and marketing strategy and implementation of agreed activities
- Writing to a high standard a variety of content including press releases, case studies, interviews, technical features, thought-leadership articles, blogs, newsletters, award entries
- Identifying newsworthy opportunities for clients, pitching stories to trade, regional and national journalists, responding with appropriate follow up and monitoring media coverage
- Preparing editorial calendars for clients to help plan and coordinate feature opportunities
- Building advertising plans and steering creative – researching media publications/websites, requesting rates, managing budgets, handling bookings, briefing and supplying artwork
- Researching vertical media publications/websites, offering recommendations on thought-leadership content, advertising, webinars etc.
- Preparing social media plans for clients – researching, writing and scheduling posts across relevant platforms, predominantly LinkedIn and Twitter
- Liaising with trade bodies and associations, identifying PR and marketing opportunities
- Regular reporting for clients including monthly activity and media coverage reports
- Co-managing other client accounts, selecting the best combination of marketing channels to achieve their desired goals
- Supporting the team with proofing content for their clients
- Briefing team members and external suppliers on artwork, photography, videos etc.
- Brainstorming fresh ideas for client campaigns with the team, including for PRG’s marketing
- Attending client meetings in person and virtually, writing up notes into a contact report
- Supporting PR & Marketing Account Director and Managing Director with research for new business proposals
To be considered, you will have:
- Strong writing skills, ideally with at least 2-years’ B2B writing experience
- Thorough understanding of B2B PR and communication techniques
- Experience writing for built environment trade media advantageous
- Previously worked in an agency environment or as part of an in-house marketing team
- A good understanding of wider marketing, basic budgeting, and campaign planning
- The ability to manage projects to deadline
- Knowledge of the different social media platforms
- A hands-on ‘can-do’ attitude
- A family owned and run business, with a friendly, team-spirited environment
- The chance to develop your role in a small but growing team
- An exciting range of clients ranging from local SMEs to blue chip international organisations, predominantly B2B, but some B2C
- An ideal location – 1 minute walk to Eastbourne town centre, and 5 minutes to the beach
- Parking on site on a rota system
We are looking for someone who is driven and motivated to deliver to the highest level, both for PRG and the clients you will be managing. You need to be comfortable dealing with clients and have strong communication skills, be it in person, by email, on the telephone or by video conferencing.
We’re recruiting for a PR Manager – could it be you? - PRG (prgltd.co.uk)